A&H

The fastest way to pass from Level 7 to Level 5

While it’s lockdown please tell me how can I improve myself at home?
Find the Refcoach group on Facebook - don't post - just study each clip, research your answer in the Laws of the Game and see how you do compared to others.
Do the quizzes at areferee.com - if you can get 17+ out of 20 then you will know your English comprehension and understanding of the laws is good.

The Referee Store
What level did you have aboard, as sometimes the County FA will grade you accordingly?

Doing what is a "double jump" depends on whether your County FA (CFA) allow, some do some don't. If you can do, it is effectively two promotions in a single season - so double the expected number of games and assessments. If you are allowed to start in Sept, it will be a minimum of 40 open age matches before end of April, 5 or 6 assessment and two exams done by the CFA. You will need to be able to show to your RDO that you have the ability to be a L5.
Hello sir,

tomorrow I start, I have 3 friendly matches on this weekend. I have registered with Middlesex County League and Chiswick and District Sunday/Veterans Football League. You told me that I have to make 40 matches will this matches be counted?

You first need to be on the promotion scheme, I can't imagine you will be so speak to your RDO/county FA.

In any case, no, friendlies don't count

You first need to be on the promotion scheme, I can't imagine you will be so speak to your RDO/county FA.

In any case, no, friendlies don't count
As I know leagues haven’t started yet, so to count it I have to wait for the restart of the leagues?

I'd be happy to chat to you, however football is different regionally in the UK and anything I could pass on would be based on refereeing in the north.

Honestly, go out there, referee how you normally do. See what works, see what doesn't and adapt your game, over a number of months, accordingly.

If you still want a chat, I'll pass on any advice I can. drop me a PM and we'll sort it out.

I'd be happy to chat to you, however football is different regionally in the UK and anything I could pass on would be based on refereeing in the north.

Honestly, go out there, referee how you normally do. See what works, see what doesn't and adapt your game, over a number of months, accordingly.

If you still want a chat, I'll pass on any advice I can. drop me a PM and we'll sort it out.

That's good advice, as different county FA's have different rules and regulations. The best person to speak to for advice will always be your RDO as they know all of the details relevant to your county.

That's good advice, as different county FA's have different rules and regulations. The best person to speak to for advice will always be your RDO as they know all of the details relevant to your county.
Or you local Referees Association. They will have referees who have acted locally for years and willing to offer you advice.
I would contact them and become a member. These again are by geographical areas, so you will need to research which you fall into.

Ah, then only open age league or cup games will count

Slight correction here. I was advised that 20% of games can be u18 level and still count towards promotion (but no younger). I asked that specific question of my RDO, as I do several u18 games a month, principally to help out that Leagues Referee Secretary who was very good in finding me games when I first started up in the County im in now. I was struggling to find games in other OA leagues when I started here 3 years ago (very different now!) and you tend not to forget things like that.

I've had to reduce the matches I do in that league to meet the promotion criteria this year, but will endeavour to help out on Sunday afternoons when they traditionally struggle.

But to clarify, in my County u18 games can count towards your OA required games total, but only upto 20%

Slight correction here. I was advised that 20% of games can be u18 level and still count towards promotion (but no younger). I asked that specific question of my RDO, as I do several u18 games a month, principally to help out that Leagues Referee Secretary who was very good in finding me games when I first started up in the County im in now. I was struggling to find games in other OA leagues when I started here 3 years ago (very different now!) and you tend not to forget things like that.

I've had to reduce the matches I do in that league to meet the promotion criteria this year, but will endeavour to help out on Sunday afternoons when they traditionally struggle.

But to clarify, in my County u18 games can count towards your OA required games total, but only upto 20%

Yeah it can vary county to county but a fair point

Back