A&H

Utd PSG card fest

The Referee Store
For me, this was the first match I've watched and I categorically thought this is not how you manage a game. The initial flurry of cards was harsh for both sides, and then completely inconsistent for the second half

I don't think Young can be punished for Man Utd's stupid raised pitch.
This - every time I watch games at Old Trafford, I'm surprised more players don't get injured. It's a stupidly steep run-off. If I remember correctly, they raised it to accommodate an improved underground drainage and heating system and I guess they didn't do the logical thing and raise the entire pitch surrounds as it would have seriously impeded the view from the first row of seats but it's always struck me as a highly dangerous arrangement.

This - every time I watch games at Old Trafford, I'm surprised more players don't get injured. It's a stupidly steep run-off. If I remember correctly, they raised it to accommodate an improved underground drainage and heating system and I guess they didn't do the logical thing and raise the entire pitch surrounds as it would have seriously impeded the view from the first row of seats but it's always struck me as a highly dangerous arrangement.

Is this one of the issues re Uk bid for the World Cup, despite Old Trafford being awesome, it has no, run off area??

Is this one of the issues re Uk bid for the World Cup, despite Old Trafford being awesome, it has no, run off area??

i highly doubt it

they've had top level national and international football and rugby there for years with little/no complaints

i highly doubt it

they've had top level national and international football and rugby there for years with little/no complaints

Nope, as much as what you say is correct, there is def something that stops it being suitable to host WC games, along with Annfield, am sure I read among others it lacks enough photographer space and this, run off area.

The FIFA requirement differ from the UEFA ones

Edit, and Spurs new one, which would need modified to host WC game.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think England will not budget for fixing a couple of stadia (or even building a couple of new ones) in exchange for hosting the world cup.

Nope, as much as what you say is correct, there is def something that stops it being suitable to host WC games, along with Annfield, am sure I read among others it lacks enough photographer space and this, run off area.

Anfield (at least until the new main stand) had too low capacity to be suitable for CL finals at least. As you say, the standards might be different, but that was definitely a problem previously.

Hmmm. I am sure it was included in the bid we lost to Russia?

Bbc and Telegrapth last week ran stories that Ot,Anfield and new Spurs would need run off areas and extra photographer places to be included in a WC

Travelling at moment but am sure the stories wont be hard to find.

Its one of the bewildering Hampden things, its rank rotten but FIFA love it cos it meets all their criteria

Bbc and Telegrapth last week ran stories that Ot,Anfield and new Spurs would need run off areas and extra photographer places to be included in a WC

Travelling at moment but am sure the stories wont be hard to find.

Its one of the bewildering Hampden things, its rank rotten but FIFA love it cos it meets all their criteria

How is it rank. Behave. Stadium with history. Only issue is stands behind the goals are a wee bit far. other than that its fine.

Still holds record for highest European record international attendance and European record for a club match club attendance.

How is it rank. Behave. Stadium with history. Only issue is stands behind the goals are a wee bit far. other than that its fine.

Still holds record for highest European record international attendance and European record for a club match club attendance.

Erm, its the same name but totally diff stadium? The only thing todays stadium has in common with its past, is its name
Ever sat front row at side of park, nevermind behind the goals?
Its also constructed of cheap corragated iron.
And, it doubles up as being too small for big games, and too big for small games
Its souless today. Bears no resemblence to the place that holds those records at all.

Back