A&H

World cup final

Not even elite sportsmen have reactions quick enough to avoid that

Did he do anything tho? No

Am not for one min saying I agree or even that they have rewriten laws and not told us

But the handball pks given follow that logic for me.

The Referee Store

Am not for one min saying I agree or even that they have rewriten laws and not told us

What was he to do? It comes back to the question of whether the HB was avoidable. As the player knew nothing about it, how could he avoid it?

Are you suggesting he should jump up to head the ball with his arms by his side, rather than using them for elevation ?

Croatia can feel very aggrieved. The first goal shouldn't have stood, and I think for two reasons. The obvious one that there is no way it was a foul for the free kick, so that should have been reviewed. Then I also think there is a very possible offside on the goal - Pogba is stood offside and challenges Mandzucic as he heads it.

For the penalty I'm hot having that as intentional. He was jumping so yes his arms were out, and they were coming back down as the ball hit him. I've said this so many times, but you cannot jump like a penguin with your arms pinned by your sides.
Agree with no foul for first goal but Pogba was not in an offside position. See image in post 66.

Also agree for the no handball.

It was unavoidable from that distance. Laws require a deliberate action, inaction is not enough

How are France winning this game

Oh hang on I know the answer to that

Are you suggesting he should jump up to head the ball with his arms by his side, rather than using them for elevation ?

No but there is no jumping or heading involved here. Totallly diff to leaping like a salmon and using arms for leverage.

Pitana doing the age old classic of not booking anyone now just to try and go under the radar.

To late Pitana

It was unavoidable from that distance. Laws require a deliberate action, inaction is not enough

Very much aware of that
My shout of " thats handball" was given based on what I deem to be the logic applied re handballs in this WC
It certainly does not mean am correct
But thats only my input based on the handballs i have seen awarded

Back