A&H

Your double yellow procedure

Bizarre way of thinking to me this different pocket thing. :confused:
The etiquette/procedure dictates that the notebook has to be used to administer a caution or dismissal before you show any cards, so why on earth would you want the items in question in different pockets?!! Talk about complicating a simple task!! :eek:
No, the Kes way is by far the easiest. :p

The Referee Store
Notebook left front. Yellow right front. Red back right. Both cards in top left for second caution/dismissal.

It works for me, everyone is different

Notebook left front. Yellow right front. Red back right. Both cards in top left for second caution/dismissal.

It works for me, everyone is different

You must look like you're doing an improvised on-field version of "The Macarena" whenever you have to issue a double-yellow mate... :D

Do cards, make sure player is going, pull notebook out.

They never go quickly when it's a second yellow so you can take your time!

If you use the notebook which has both cards in a slip then it's easy. But is this question really about a double yellow procedure? OP would have had the same problem with a straight red.
I always have 2 sets of cards - shirt pockets and side short pockets. Never liked cards in the back pocket - they always fall out.
Yellow right side, red left side. One doesn't want to come? I'll grab the other one. No dramas.
Right hand yellow comes down, left hand red comes up. Yellow is in the right because I'm right handed, use my right hand more, and use the yellow card more. So logic.
if it is chucking it down with rain and very cold removing the cards from the book can be quite tricky

If a team is wearing yellow or red, I pick up a player and hold him aloft for all to see.

Sometimes though, I have a yellow in my left pocket for first offences.
Second offences, I use my book from my rear pocket. It has a yellow and a red in it. That way, I write down players details (on the cards or in the book depending on the weather) and remember to show him a yellow again before the red.

Yellow in right pocket, red in left. Strip of masking tape on the back of each.

So for a second YC I'm YC out to record it, see it's the second, right hand up yellow, whilst left getting out red, goes up as yellow goes away and then right points off.

Writing on the cards takes away the notebook (i do have one though) and it's all there infornt of you on the card. Pen and pencil work on masing tape dry or wet.

No probs in 5 years.

Don't pull cards out unless you're using them. It can cause confusion.

If it's not already been picked up by someone (assessor for example) then I expect it will be should you go for promotion

Reactions: DB
"should I go for promotion" I was promoted this year using the same method, and no comments made.

I am aware that some may not like it, but, now besides you, I've not found anyone. It's not as if I'm holding up and writing at arms length, deiscretely out into flat of left hand, note and away again.

upload_2016-5-11_13-3-5.png

I used to do it, then I got pulled on it so stopped.

I find it easier as well....but just what I got told not to do.

do you occasionally forget you're holding up a player and right the details down on his shirt?
sometimes I forget that I'm carrying the player, so I end up giving him a firemans lift around the pitch until someone asks for him back.

The best way I've found: In my top shirt is one of the refsworld re-usable match cards and my pens. I use this purely for the score. Very quick and easy to amend, often done by the time the ball is at halfway. Everything else, I use my book for. the post it note method, in my opinion is messy and can cause confusion. Keep it simple and save yourself a job.

I used to do it, then I got pulled on it so stopped.

I find it easier as well....but just what I got told not to do.
Some assessors have nothing better to do.....shouldn't be anything more than a comment.
I have a set of write-on cards, but they have a white card for the score.
Only thing I don't like about that is i don't have room to note down details of anything serious (eg exact words for OFFINABUS)

If you were facing me, my book is in front left, YC in front right, RC in back left. When doing double caution, I would take the yellow out with my right hand and show, whilst doing this, red out of back pocket with left (Velcro has nearly gone so this isn't hard!!!), show the cards when the player is leaving, make a note of what happened.

Or laquer/laminate your cards and then use permanant black marker (wipe off with an alcohol based substance)?

Back