A&H

England v Nederland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
Great to see traditional black and white referee kits instead of all this coloured garbage!

The Referee Store
De Ligt clearly got the ball as any parks footballer will tell you. The ball has a boot at one end, a knee at the other and is covered by a sock and shin guard.
“That’s never a pen!!!”

The technology paints lines on a monitor. Why does it take more than a second or two for the 'VAR squad in a van' to indicate to the referee that the goal should be disallowed? Thereby delivering the right decision without a complete loss of spontaneity and excitement. Why do they have to make such a dogs dinner of the officiating the beautiful game?

The technology paints lines on a monitor. Why does it take more than a second or two for the 'VAR squad in a van' to indicate to the referee that the goal should be disallowed? Thereby delivering the right decision without a complete loss of spontaneity and excitement. Why do they have to make such a dogs dinner of the game?
Probably making sure they get the right point of ball played. Think speed will improve over time as confidence and capability improve in the tech.

Probably making sure they get the right point of ball played. Think speed will improve over time as confidence and capability improve in the tech.

Also need to make sure they have the part of the defender closest to the goal line. They ended up using the shoulder instead of the foot.

I ain't really interested in the process tbh
It just needs to be as quick or almost as quick as GLT, end of
Regardless, if Lingard had blown his nose before entering the FOP, he would snot have been offside ;)

He didn't get confused. He did his job. I get that you guys hate it but he did what he's been told to do. So get used to it already.
Which is to act as a glorified ball boy. There must be elite ARs out there wishing they hadn't given up their proper job quite so quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back