A&H

Have I messed up

The Referee Store
OFFINABUS is for use of that type of language. As far as I can deduce from the OP, the language/gestures used did not fall within the remit of OFFINABUS.
It should have been a caution for USB (C1 or C2). ??

Get some work done you lol. ;0)

Is it not S6 at any level then? Or only at grassroots?
Yes @Padfoot, it should apply at all levels of football but we know it doesn't. What the reply was to confirm to Isaac that he had done the right thing.

Managing the game does undermine match control at times and we should have a strong coherent standard across all football, but we may as well bet last April for Leicester to win the Premiership this season for all the sense it makes.

At grassroots, this is intimidation so needs to be stamped out.

Yes @Padfoot, it should apply at all levels of football but we know it doesn't. What the reply was to confirm to Isaac that he had done the right thing.

Managing the game does undermine match control at times and we should have a strong coherent standard across all football, but we may as well bet last April for Leicester to win the Premiership this season for all the sense it makes.

At grassroots, this is intimidation so needs to be stamped out.

Surely its intimidation at any level and needs to be stamped out?

If it isn't intimidation at, say contrib league level, then it isn't intimidation at grassroots level. The reason the game is in such a poor state is because there is already too much prevelance of the double standard approach to enforcing the LOTG.....doesn't need to be reinforced by preaching the divisive mantra on here.

I would be quite happy to see a referee at any level dismiss for this, not just grassroots.

@Padfoot do you seriously believe it would ever get to the point where you're abandoning the game due to not receiving a name? Like I said, he knows you're cautioning him when you ask for his name, not when you show the card.

Quite recently, I had a player refuse to give me his name and it was when I asked for his name following the correct procedure. I simply told his captain that I can't restart without his name since he is been cautioned and the captain gave me his name, I then went over and completed the procedure. Chances are if one player refuses to give you his name and you refuse to restart, you'll probably here several shouts of "Just ****ing give him your name and get on with it."

@Padfoot do you seriously believe it would ever get to the point where you're abandoning the game due to not receiving a name? Like I said, he knows you're cautioning him when you ask for his name, not when you show the card.

Quite recently, I had a player refuse to give me his name and it was when I asked for his name following the correct procedure. I simply told his captain that I can't restart without his name since he is been cautioned and the captain gave me his name, I then went over and completed the procedure. Chances are if one player refuses to give you his name and you refuse to restart, you'll probably here several shouts of "Just ****ing give him your name and get on with it."

That's the point entirely.
Everybody knows that you'll just ask the captain or even the coach/manager for it and they'll give it to you.
Fact is, if neither the player, the team captain or the team coach will give you the name - then yes, it's time to abandon the match and go home..... ;) :)

What about a player who won't leave the vicinity of the field after being dismissed? It was only when I picked up the ball and began walking towards the touchline that this player was persuaded by team mates to go back to the changing rooms yesterday. I didn't say I was going to abandon, I just picked up the ball and started walking. He left, I restarted.never mentioned abandonment, but the players knew

Surely there's a case for refusing to give a name coming under dissent (by action?) in it's own right? So you make it clear to the player that you want his name to caution him for the original offense, but if he doesn't give it, it'll end up becoming two cautions in one. And therefore you only need to escalate to potential abandonment if he still won't get off at that point.

Surely there's a case for refusing to give a name coming under dissent (by action?) in it's own right? So you make it clear to the player that you want his name to caution him for the original offense, but if he doesn't give it, it'll end up becoming two cautions in one.
So then you have two cautions for a player with no name???

Back