A&H

Leeds Equalizer

Why is the lino some 10-15 yards off the goal line?

hold your bias, it's an extremely difficult one to spot. AR had almost no chance here. Can't spot everything.

Bias that Leeds score??? Thats one of the most silly things I've ever read on here!!! Last thing I wanted was a Leeds goal!! They are the noisy neighbours!!!

The Referee Store
He will get an incorrect key match decision, so the maximum mark he can get is 7.9.
I'm not sure about England, but both here (North America) and on the continent (rest of UEFA) if it's obvious to all and sundry in REAL TIME that an incorrect KMI decision was made, then the mark goes against them. If it's not obvious (and this one takes a couple of slow-motions to see clearly), then you cannot mark them down in that manner.

As a Leeds fan, it is handball. I didn’t think it was in real time and it’s still very close to his knee which I thought was how it was scored. From the AR’s POV in real speed it probably looked like a knee. Although it was a mistake, I don’t think it’s as obvious as everyone’s making out, especially after slow mo replays. Also, fair play to him for not crumbling and giving into the Forest players and giving what he thought he saw

That's odd. Everyone at Leeds, perfect Leeds that is, were adamant without needing a replay of the penalty against Brentford but needed replays to tell it was handball.

Blinkered if you ask me.

That's odd. Everyone at Leeds, perfect Leeds that is, were adamant without needing a replay of the penalty against Brentford but needed replays to tell it was handball.

Blinkered if you ask me.
Actually, I’m pretty sure I wasn’t blaming the ref for giving the penalty because in real time it looked like a foul; replays showed it was a dive and people wanted retrospective action. I don’t think anyone watching last night’s game thought it was handball until the replay.

How do you get a tight handball? It’s either HB or it’s not... not heard of anything tight or it’s not about this one! I watched it live and it looked suspect in first view. Shame a bit of honesty couldn't prevail! I’ve seen it done, even at parks level...

How do you get a tight handball? It’s either HB or it’s not... not heard of anything tight or it’s not about this one! I watched it live and it looked suspect in first view. Shame a bit of honesty couldn't prevail! I’ve seen it done, even at parks level...
You still giving the caution if they admit it?;)

I mean tight as in how close it was to his knee. Not sure how many players would be honest about that but yeah, it would be good to see

What will the long term effect be?

Will just lower his average, given the "standard mark" is 8.3 or 8.4. Normally you can get away with one 7.9 a season, get more than that and you'll be looking over your shoulder as others will be overtaking you leaving in in the demotion places.

Will just lower his average, given the "standard mark" is 8.3 or 8.4. Normally you can get away with one 7.9 a season, get more than that and you'll be looking over your shoulder as others will be overtaking you leaving in in the demotion places.
Cheers for the insight. Always wondered how it works!

It really was a hard one to see for the AR... like I said, I thought nothing of it in real time

Considering the AR’s position, is it actually that hard to spot? Directly behind him and with the angle of the players arm and his body position when throwing himself at the ball, I’d say he should be spotting that. I maybe being a bit harsh but his view wasn’t blocked

Considering the AR’s position, is it actually that hard to spot? Directly behind him and with the angle of the players arm and his body position when throwing himself at the ball, I’d say he should be spotting that. I maybe being a bit harsh but his view wasn’t blocked
I thought it was hard just because of how close his arm was to his knee

Yep. And when the ball is travelling directly towards you then away it can be extremely difficult to tell at what point it actually changes direction

Back