A&H

Manchester Derby

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
Relatively uneventful derby for most of the game then Fellaini lost the plot completely with 5 minutes left.

Fouled Aguero with a push from behind and gets a yellow card, Sky still showing replays when he fouls Aguero again then decides to plant his forehead on Aguero's and receives a well deserved straight red from Martin Atkinson.

First class idiot of the highest order!

The Referee Store
Relatively uneventful derby for most of the game then Fellaini lost the plot completely with 5 minutes left.

Fouled Aguero with a push from behind and gets a yellow card, Sky still showing replays when he fouls Aguero again then decides to plant his forehead on Aguero's and receives a well deserved straight red from Martin Atkinson.

First class idiot of the highest order!
Apparently he's booked in for a few extensions and some highlighting so a bit of time off would help it bed down!! The joys of big hair, if only I had that problem!!!

If Fellaini goes, Aguero has to.
Aguero approached him and initiated the head to head with the exact same force as Fellaini.
"Dropping the head" on someone is when 2 similar height players clash and one tries to get the other on the nose.
Fellaini merely obliges Aguero with his wish to go head to head.
Not that bothered, he's got away with plenty of reds in his career.
Shame Oliver wasn't the ref, he lets player butt him harder than that
Seven red cards for Man Utd in Manchester Derbies in the EPL era now (out of 8 total). Funny thing is, considering the many red cards city should have had in these matches, the one they got was a joke!

If Fellaini goes, Aguero has to.
Aguero approached him and initiated the head to head with the exact same force as Fellaini.
On this play, I agree that Aguero required something out of this. To be frank, I felt that the situation could have been resolved with a pair of cautions (which would still result in Fellani being sent off, obviously), but calling that a one-sided headbutt is a bit questionable to me.

On this play, I agree that Aguero required something out of this. To be frank, I felt that the situation could have been resolved with a pair of cautions (which would still result in Fellani being sent off, obviously), but calling that a one-sided headbutt is a bit questionable to me.

Yeah I agree Fellaini was walking anyhow. But a 3 match ban for this isn't justice (although I welcome anything that keeps him out of a Man Utd shirt)

that was an atrocious decision on Fellaini (and I support city!!)- he did nothing more than tilt his head down. Not even a caution there. The entirety of the contact was from Aguero. He should have been sent and no card for Fellani.

This is one of those decisions where the referee clearly had absolutely no idea what happened but decided to give a red card based on the actions of the players.

Last edited:
No one going to say it? Thought the offside called for Jesus' disallowed goal was tremendous. Maybe it wasnt as good as I thought it was :D
Thought a few fouls were let go last night particularly the one on Rashford 1st half. This would have seen Otamendi on a caution and utd could have tactically targetted him with Rashford Martial. So not awarding/seeing the foul and subsequently not cautioning in some senses changed the game.
I agree a convenient point for both and both would of accepted a draw at kick off I feel, particularly Mourinho. As Mourimho like performance as you can expect..

Basically Fellani got himself sent off due to lack of personal discipline. I'm always intrigued by what manager's say to players behind closed doors in such situations. If you're paid £10,000s per week it's reasonable to expect that you shouldn't be so stupid.

No one going to say it? Thought the offside called for Jesus' disallowed goal was tremendous. Maybe it wasnt as good as I thought it was :D
Thought a few fouls were let go last night particularly the one on Rashford 1st half. This would have seen Otamendi on a caution and utd could have tactically targetted him with Rashford Martial. So not awarding/seeing the foul and subsequently not cautioning in some senses changed the game.
I agree a convenient point for both and both would of accepted a draw at kick off I feel, particularly Mourinho. As Mourimho like performance as you can expect..

Sometime's the ref just decides
"It's a big game, I don't want to be dishing out the yellows, noone will get cautioned until the 60th minute!!"
How this still goes on in 2017 amazes me.
Different story in ECL, they'd caution in the 7th second if required

I can't believe anybody is querying the RC for Fellaini :confused:

Intent = YES
Contact = YES

Has to be VC - What Aguero does is irrelevant to the RC for Fellaini crime! Most obvious RC :redcard:since the Preston Handball on Monday night at Newcastle.

Otherwise, what a cr4p game of football...

Red all day long for me and i am a red but as soon as i saw it i said to my mates thats it he is off. What would you be sending Aguero off for?

Yes he went head to head with him but that is a max of AA which is a caution. Fellaini then butts him, clear as day.

He is a 24 carrat idiot for what he did and forced us to park the bus for the final 15 minutes!! ;);)

would it have been judged as simultaneous infringements AA and VC, the severest of which is to be punished ?
as for who headbutts who, youve got to admit that as Fellaini has moved his head from a standstill, and Agueros contact was due to his walking, to MA it looked as though Fellaini was the worst aggressor. For him to have called it the other way round would have been superhuman

would it have been judged as simultaneous infringements AA and VC, the severest of which is to be punished ?
That's only for the restart. You still sanction both.

And at that time, the play had already been stopped, so it doesn't matter if they're consecutive or simultaneous... they're both after the whistle.

Red all day long for me and i am a red but as soon as i saw it i said to my mates thats it he is off. What would you be sending Aguero off for?

Yes he went head to head with him but that is a max of AA which is a caution. Fellaini then butts him, clear as day.

He is a 24 carrat idiot for what he did and forced us to park the bus for the final 15 minutes!! ;);)
Aguero was the one who initiated the contact - stormed up to Fellaini and moved his head down, the latter did nothing other than tilt his head downwards. Aguero headbutted him then pretended he was injured as a result.

If they had both fallen to the ground like tantruming four year olds would they both have been sent off.

Don't get me wrong Fellaina is a first class tool and deserved his red for crass stupidity. Aguero goes down quicker than a cheap whore! It wasn't a Zidane head butt now, was it?

Rather droll reactions. Good stuff from Mr Atkinson, apart from not playing more Peptime. The red card well overdue after Fellaini's not getting reds for elbows and spitting in previous derbies.

Excellent offside decision. But if things evened themselves out over the season, then given the offside goals United have scored and good goals their opponents have had disallowed this season, it would have stood.

...Thought a few fouls were let go last night particularly the one on Rashford 1st half. This would have seen Otamendi on a caution and utd could have tactically targetted him with Rashford Martial. So not awarding/seeing the foul and subsequently not cautioning in some senses changed the game.
What, United might have spent more than five minutes in the City half and had better than 30% possession and a 69% pass completion rate?

Back