A&H

Pass Back?

The Referee Store
Im sorry what? No of course not because that isnt what the LOTG says.

Its not a caution for every shirt pull unless its done in a reckless manner. If its in a careless manner its a DFK and no caution........
Is it?? So c1 Holding must be reckless to be a caution?? News to me

Holds an opponent is one of he extra 3 DFK offences and has its own criteria for cautions, sendings off or otherwise. it does not use the careless, reckless or excessive force criteria.

Goes something along the lines of: A caution for usb is issued to a player for holding an opponent to prevent them gaining possession of the ball or taking up an advantageous position.

LOTG 118

Applying the laws of the game correctly doesnt determine if you are hard or soft. So not really what I am saying at all.

Situation : freekick for red at 35yds, 9 blue who you already cautioned sooner in the game stands at 8yds of the ball and blocks it when the 4 red kicks it

Caution to 9, second yellow, you send him off ? That's the law right ?

Situation : freekick for red at 35yds, 9 blue who you already cautioned sooner in the game stands at 8yds of the ball and blocks it when the 4 red kicks it

Caution to 9, second yellow, you send him off ? That's the law right ?

If he is silly enough when already on a caution to deliberately ignore the 10 yards then yes I do send him off. I'm not saying all do and I'm not saying who is right or wrong.

I just personally would apply the laws as they are written.

It's a wide freekick so probably not ceremonial, you didn't bother to set the wall but you're gonna send off a player for being 2yds too short ?

Yacinho - slow down a bit. No where did you say Herts hasn't set up the wall.

Also consider the context of the game etc...

You often set walls at 35yds ?

Also consider the context of the game etc...

That's exactly what I'm saying ans that's part of Law 18, Herts says basically that "The laws are the laws and those who discuss it sometimes are weak"

Behave fellas. People are being little too touchy here. :)

Let's all take a pause for the cause.

You often set walls at 35yds ?

That's exactly what I'm saying ans that's part of Law 18, Herts says basically that "The laws are the laws and those who discuss it sometimes are weak"

Nowhere have I said that. Now let's stop making this forum into a oneupmanship brigade and go back to being civilised please.

I won't have words put into my mouth.

I probably misunderstood this post

No, the refereeing community sees law 18 as "I don't want to apply the laws correctly so I'm going to pass off my inadequate refereeing and failure to apply laws 1-17 as Law 18."

I probably misunderstood this post

Quite clearly as I mentioned nothing about "discussing laws"

Discussing is brilliant. Saying "I applied law 18 and decided against dealing with that dissent" is not.

Don't look for things that aren't there for the sake of arguing yacinho

What about the situation I described ?

The situation you described I have already answered. You then decided to add more detail to try and catch me out after I had answered your original question.

If in a ceremonial free kick he does not respect the distance after being paced out then he walks for a second yellow

If in a non ceremonial Free Kick I see him too close I will pace it out and get him moved.

Back