A&H

Three card trick

The Referee Store
I've had a few free kicks lately that have immediately been countered. Ref was very switched on to see that reds had the numbers to make a go of it.
Yes there was a risk but it paid off and the offender is a couple idiot - looks like the ref even has a word in passing as he hurtles up the pitch to offend again

Looks bang on to me, lovely advantage, not sure I'd be brave enough to play one myself in a similar situation.

I've only had one 3 card trick like that.

Had a caution for the foul, followed by a caution for dissent.

Yeah, this clip needs to be saved as the textbook example of how to pull this off.

Warning to the offending player on the move, strong whistle and pull the player away when he makes the second foul, clear signals so that everyone else knows what is happening as the cards are shown. Don't think there's anything much he could have done better!

All well and good in this video, but if that goes wrong and it ruins your season, you'd wish you just played it sensible.
No, apply the laws that are writ, why would it spoil a season? All this "safe refereeing" is nonsense really, everyone is I fear of losing their 'match control'. So get it back, throw the cards around a bit more.....

Nothing wrong with defensive third 'advantage' if that's what it is. The attacking team should not be deprived of a quick break away just to satisfy the 'safe refereeing' code. I don't see how the offending team could have any complaints with the outcome

Nothing wrong with defensive third 'advantage' if that's what it is. The attacking team should not be deprived of a quick break away just to satisfy the 'safe refereeing' code. I don't see how the offending team could have any complaints with the outcome
This outcome, no they couldn't have any complaints. As has been said above, this is 'textbook'. What happens when it doesn't go 'textbook' is what I'm saying. The referee took a risk and it paid off, that's fine, he did well.

This outcome, no they couldn't have any complaints. As has been said above, this is 'textbook'. What happens when it doesn't go 'textbook' is what I'm saying. The referee took a risk and it paid off, that's fine, he did well.

I don't think it is that much of a risk. If the advantage doesn't materialize, you go back. What's the big risk you see here? I see a referee demonstrating excellent game awareness and control.

Back