A&H

Promotion 17/18

The Referee Store
Two more observations down, both standard expected so just need to make sure I get my requisite number of games in now.

One of them would have been above standard if I'd given a simple, sellable FK in the middle of the park. I didn't, that team then conceded and it really affected my match control as I had then had some dissent and a couple of YC tackles out of frustration. Lesson learned, which is sort of the point I guess!

I had to pull out of the promotion scheme this season. Pulled my Achilles in a match at the beginning of October and I’ve only just been able to get back in the gym this week.

I’ll be back for another go next season, looking forward to getting back out there in the new year

I had to pull out of the promotion scheme this season. Pulled my Achilles in a match at the beginning of October and I’ve only just been able to get back in the gym this week.

I’ll be back for another go next season, looking forward to getting back out there in the new year
Best of luck bro, all the best in the new year.

20 Games in, 5 observations in, average above 73. All set in order for the last few steps towards promotion to L4! :D:D

Sounds like just the fitness test in June is the only obstacle left. :dead:

Out of curiosity, when you reach the dizzy heights where you need to have an interview with the FA before promotion, what does the interview entail?

Is it just a verbal test on the laws and competition rules etc, or do they want to make sure you’re committed etc?

Out of curiosity, when you reach the dizzy heights where you need to have an interview with the FA before promotion, what does the interview entail?

Is it just a verbal test on the laws and competition rules etc, or do they want to make sure you’re committed etc?

i think once you get to and past level 4 there's an assumption that you are committed! dont think there's an interview for L3 or above, just the usual seminars, fitness tests and LoTG exams

i think once you get to and past level 4 there's an assumption that you are committed! dont think there's an interview for L3 or above, just the usual seminars, fitness tests and LoTG exams

There used to be an interview for appointments to the Football League. Not so much for ability on the field but for the "off field" issues - speaking and dealing with the press. I think that this has now passed, given the higher profile of L2's.

One has to get sized up for the Blazer and media training!!

Back